Bloody Mary Grilled Cheese
Breakfast & Brunch
There are hundreds of amazing grilled cheese ideas out there, but we’ve come up with one that’s sure to surprise you: our Bloody Mary Grilled Cheese! The perfect combination of creamy, melted cheese, smoky ground pepper, juicy tomatoes, and of course – a little horseradish kick – this grilled cheese sandwich recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! To make this stacked creation, we recommend starting with Cabot’s New York Extra Sharp Cheddar, and adding all the Bloody Mary toppings your heart desires: hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, crispy bacon, briny pickles, and of course, tomatoes. Just like the cocktail you know and love, there’s no limit to what combinations you’ll think up!
For 6 sandwiches, start by gathering your ingredients and toppings, and whisk together tomato juice, eggs, vodka, horseradish, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a shallow dish. Make sure to season well with salt and pepper, then add your bread and soak in the mixture for 10 seconds and remove. Set aside.
Next, melt your Cabot Extra Creamy Premium Unsalted Butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
After your pan has heated up, add the 6 soaked bread slices and cook for 2 minutes. Flip one, then top with 2 slices of yellow sliced cheddar, 3 slices bacon, a couple of slices of pickle and tomato, and ¼ cup shredded white cheddar. Top with the second slice of bread with the cooked side down. Continue to cook both sides of the sandwich until deeply golden and the cheeses are melted, about 5 minutes per side. This batch will make 3 grilled sandwiches.
Repeat to make three more sandwiches, and garnish with your favorite Bloody Mary toppings. Get creative, and share your Bloody Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich with us on social media! Be sure to tag @cabotcheese on Instagram, or on Facebook.
If you’re looking for more grilled cheese sandwich recipes, there’s no shortage on our recipe page! Check out one of our breakfast grilled cheese favorites, the French Toast Grilled Cheese to start. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on this breakfast dish, so please rate and review it to share your opinion with others.
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup vodka
- 1½ tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1½ tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup Cabot Extra Creamy Premium Unsalted Butter
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 18 slices cooked bacon
- 18 slices dill pickle
12 slices Cabot New York Extra Sharp Yellow Sliced Cheddar
6 ounces Cabot Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1½ cups) or use 1½ cups Cabot Shredded Cheddar
- 12 slices of large tomato
- WHISK together tomato juice, eggs, vodka, horseradish, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a shallow dish, and season with salt and pepper. Add bread and soak for 10 seconds and remove. Set aside.
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- ADD 6 soaked bread slices and cook 2 minutes. Flip one, then top with 2 slices of yellow sliced cheddar, 3 slices bacon, a couple slices of pickle and tomato, and ¼ cup shredded white cheddar. Top with second slice of bread with cooked side down. Continue to cook both sides of the sandwich until deeply golden and the cheeses are melted, about 5 minutes per side. This batch will make 3 grilled sandwiches.
- REPEAT to make three more sandwiches.
- GARNISH with your favorite Bloody Mary toppings.
- per serving
- 55 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 27 grams
- 2270 milligrams
- 265 milligrams
- 109 grams
- 6 grams
- 13 grams
- 56 grams
- 751 milligrams