Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese Sauce
Dips Spreads & Dressings
Cheese sauce lovers are going to fall head over heels with this pepper jack cheese sauce! Made with yellow onion, garlic, heavy cream, our own roux, Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar and Cabot Pepper Jack, this cheese sauce promises rich, bold flavor that will having you coming back for more. Whether you use it as a nacho cheese dip or to serve over sautéed veggies, you won’t need to search for sauce recipes using pepper jack cheese any longer once you’ve tried this one! Be sure to share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter with your friends and family.
- One-quarter yellow onion, chopped
- 2 whole garlic cloves
2 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup roux *(see recipe below)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup clarified butter
1¾ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- STIR onions and whole garlic cloves in medium saucepan over medium heat, until fragrant.
- ADD cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer and whisk in roux. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in cheddar and pepper jack cheeses; stir until melted. Pour sauce through strainer, discarding onions and garlic loves. Season with salt and pepper.
HEAT clarified butter over medium heat in sauté pan; whisk in flour. Let mixture bubble gently until light blonde in color. Let cool. Store extra roux in refrigerator for to use with other sauces.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 cup
- per serving
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 102 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 0 grams
- 4.5 grams
- 125 milligrams