At Cabot Creamery, we’re all about helping you come up with great cheese gifts for your friends and family – and who doesn’t enjoy charcuterie meat and cheese pairings these days (and for vegetarian friends, feel free to swap the meat for even more cheese!)? These “jarcuterie” cups are our twist on individual charcuterie plates – easy-to-pack and simple-to-eat pairings that make the perfect gift for any occasion. Cabot offers a variety of types of cheese for charcuterie to choose from, including our Pepper Jack & Sharp Cheddar cheeses. Adding these delicious cheeses to individual jelly jars and packing them full of mixed nuts, dried fruits, and some aromatic herbs is sure to surprise your loved ones with your creativity and gift-giving skills.
To make 8 jarcuterie jars, you’ll want to start by preparing the cheese. Cut the Pepper Jack cheese into 3 inch long sticks about ½ inch thick or open 8 Pepper Jack Snack Sticks. Slice your Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese lengthwise into ¼ to ⅓-inch thick slices, and cut out festive shapes using a star-shaped cookie cutter (or other decorative shapes).
To assemble the jars, start by skewering one olive and two or three pieces of salami folded in quarters. Repeat so you have one salami skewer for each jar. Next, skewer several raspberries and blueberries to mostly fill the skewer. Repeat so you have one fruit skewer for each jar. Add about ¼ cup of nuts to the bottom of each jar.
Finally, place the skewers, breadsticks, dried apricots, and cheese pieces on top of the nuts in each jar, and garnish each jar with a small stalk of rosemary.
If you’re looking for more meat and cheese charcuterie pairings, check out our Charcuterie & Cheese Pairings page. There, you’ll learn how to pair cheeses with smoked meats, dried fruits, and a variety of other delicious ingredients. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on this breakfast dish, so please rate and review it to share your opinion with others.
- 8 8-ounce jelly jars or other sturdy glasses about that size
- 16 short skewers
- 16 small breadsticks
- 2 cups mixed nuts, salted or unsalted
- 1 cup dried apricots (about 24)
- 1 cup fresh whole raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ pound thin sliced salami rounds (24 total slices)
- 8 green or black pitted olives
- 8 small stalks of fresh rosemary
To Prepare the cheese:
- CUT the Pepper Jack cheese into 3 inch long sticks about ½ inch thick or open 8 Pepper Jack Snack Sticks.
SLICE the Seriously Sharp cheese lengthwise into ¼ to ⅓-inch thick slices. Then cut out flat shapes using a star-shaped cookie cutter (or other decorative shape).
To assemble the jars:
- SKEWER one olive and two or three pieces of salami folded in quarters. Repeat so you have one salami skewer for each jar.
- SKEWER several raspberries and blueberries to mostly fill the skewer. Repeat so you have one fruit skewer for each jar.
PUT about ¼ cup nuts in bottom of each jar.
- PLACE the skewers, breadsticks, dried apricots and cheese pieces on top of the nuts in each jar.
- GARNISH each jar with a small stalk of rosemary.
- Serving Size
- 1 jar
- per serving
- 39 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 12 grams
- 65 milligrams
- 770 milligrams
- 25 grams
- 6 grams
- 9 grams
- 21 grams
- 275 milligrams