Richardson Family Farm’s Lemon-Yogurt Pound Cake
Looking for a go-to lemon pound cake? This lovely Lemon-Yogurt Pound Cake from the Richardson Family Farm is the only lemon pound cake recipe you’ll need. With three active teenage boys, Amy Richardson always has an appreciative audience for her baked goods; and her youngest son is even developing his own reputation for killer from-scratch brownies and biscotti. This yogurt pound cake recipe is featured in the Cabot Creamery Cookbook and we think it’s especially delicious when enjoyed with a cup of tea. After you’ve made it, be sure to share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
To make this lemon pound cake to go with your morning or afternoon tea (or to enjoy all on its own), you’ll need a 12-cup Bundt pan and the following ingredients: granulated sugar, Cabot Unsalted Butter (softened), grated lemon zest (from about 3-4 lemons), fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons), eggs, all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt, and powdered sugar. Preheat your oven 325°F and lightly butter, flour, and then chill your Bundt pan. Once you’ve prepared the pound cake batter according to the recipe instructions, pour it into the prepared pan and bake for about an hour – or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for about an hour and then transfer to a cake plate to finish cooling. Once cake is completely cooled, whisk the powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice until smooth, and drizzle over the cake.
Can’t get enough Bundt cake? Try our healthy Whole Wheat Apple Bundt Cake with Vanilla Drizzle recipe. We’d love for you to rate and review this lemon pound cake recipe to let us know how you enjoyed it!
- 3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from about 3 to 4 lemons)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons), divided
- 6 large eggs
2½ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Lightly butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt or tube cake pan and chill.
- BEAT together 3 cups granulated sugar, butter, and lemon zest at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 to 5 minutes or until fluffy. Add ¼ cup lemon juice and beat until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- WHISK together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
POUR batter into prepared 12-cup Bundt or tube cake pan. Bake 2 hours or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Gently invert cake onto a plate and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- WHISK together powdered sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake.
- Serving Size
- 1/12 recipe
- per serving
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11.5 grams
- 80 grams
- 1 grams
- 139 milligrams
- 306 milligrams
- 7.5 grams
- 50 milligrams