Strawberry Oat Muffins
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
1 ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
Oat streusel topping:
- PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 8 regular muffin liners.
- COMBINE all the oat streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- COMBINE the milk and lemon juice in a measuring jar and let it sit for about 5 mins. This creates the buttermilk.
- COMBINE the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- WHISK the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl until well combined. Add the buttermilk from step 2, melted butter and vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract) and mix well.
- FOLD the flour mixture into the egg-milk mixture gradually until combined. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- FILL each baking cup with the batter until it’s completely filled. Sprinkle the oat streusel on top of each muffin batter.
- BAKE for about 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted to the center of the muffin. Remove from the oven and let them cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before removing.
- SERVE warm and enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Serving Size
- 1/8 recipe (1 muffin)
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 70 milligrams
- 260 milligrams
- 39 grams
- 2 grams
- 17 grams
- 7 grams
- 82 milligrams