Warm Cheddar, Ale & Bacon Dip
Dips Spreads & Dressings
3 cups for 16 servings
This Warm Cheddar, Ale & Bacon Dip is a perfect recipe for a crowd – whether you’re hosting a group of friends for game day or having family over for a celebration. This cheddar beer dip provides you the enjoyable, rich flavor of a cheddar-beer soup, but in the convenient form of a scoop-able party dip. How’s that for genius? Once you’ve tried it for yourself, please share the greatness of this recipe with friends and family via Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Our Warm Cheddar, Ale, & Bacon Dip uses smoky bacon, amber ale, Dijon mustard, our Cabot Cream Cheese, Cabot Cheddar cheese, Tabasco sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Not only is this bacon cheese dip simple to make, but it’s also extremely easy to customize. Feel free to use your favorite amber ale and your favorite Cabot cheddar– Sharp, Extra Sharp or Seriously Sharp all work brilliantly. And use Tabasco sauce to taste if you feel like kicking it up a bit by adding some spicy flavor! Whatever combination you choose, you can’t go wrong. This warm beer cheese dip recipe is great served warm with plenty of crisp tortilla chips – blue corn tortilla chips are an especially fantastic choice.
If you’d like another great dip recipe that you can whip up in less than five minutes, please also try our tasty Ranch Hand Dip. Did you know that Cabot has relied on our farm families to make the highest quality dairy products in the world for more than 100 years? It’s this commitment to quality that makes our products stand out from the rest – and the reason our recipes won’t let you down! We’d love for you to leave us a review about our Warm Cheddar, Ale & Bacon Dip once you’ve tried it.
- 4 slices smoky bacon, finely diced
3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle amber ale
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Food Should Taste Good The Works or Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- COOK bacon in large saucepan over medium heat until browned and crispy; transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels, leaving fat behind in pan.
- STIR flour into bacon fat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- WHISK in ale; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture is simmering and thickened. Whisk in mustard.
- REDUCE heat to low. Stir in cream cheese. Add cheddar a handful at a time and stir until cheeses are melted and dip is hot.
- ADD Tabasco, bacon, and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Dip can be made several days ahead and re-warmed.)
- SERVE warm in crock, surrounded with tortilla chips.
- per serving
- 12.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6.5 grams
- 269 milligrams
- 3.5 grams
- 0 grams
- 8.5 grams
- 210 milligrams