Blueberry Cake Donuts
Breakfast & Brunch
For a truly moist and delicious blueberry donut recipe, try these Blueberry Cake Donuts. This recipe makes 18 standard size donuts, plus holes, which are scrumptious whether left plain or glazed (but why not glaze them for an extra special treat?). Just be warned that, once made, these will go quickly…very quickly. If you love them as much as we think you will, share the recipe with your friends and family members on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. That way they can make their own – leaving you to enjoy more of yours.
To make these donuts, you’ll need the following tools: a rolling pin, a donut cutter, parchment paper, half sheet pans, a large, heavy-duty pot, a deep-frying (or candy) thermometer, and baking sheets. You should have all or most of the ingredients on-hand: all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, Cabot Unsalted Butter (softened), Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt, eggs, kosher salt, baking powder, pure vanilla extract, and 1 cup of fresh or partially thawed blueberries. If glazing, you’ll need powdered sugar, whole milk, and additional pure vanilla extract. Once the doughnuts are dry, they’re ready to be enjoyed!
How about a recipe for baked doughnuts? Our Dark Chocolate Glazed Baked Doughnuts with Pistachios are a decadent treat. Cabot is a cooperative of 800 farm families and has been producing award-winning dairy products for generations. We make a wide range of high quality dairy products, including butter, cheese and yogurts. We look forward to hearing your thoughts about these blueberry donuts, so please rate and review the recipe once you’ve tried it out!
3 ½ cups King Arthur All-Purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek-Style Yogurt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or partially thawed)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To Make the Doughnuts:
To Make the Glaze:
- CREAM together granulated sugar and butter, in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and salt. Combine well. Scrape the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula. Fold in the blueberries.
- ADD the flour and baking powder. This is a sticky dough. Turn out to a floured work surface. Use a rolling pin to roll out to about 1/2-inch thickness. Lightly flour a doughnut cutter and use it to cut out the doughnuts. Place them on a parchment lined half sheet pans. Line a baking sheet with several layers of paper towels and set aside.
- ADD about 3-inches of canola oil, in a large, heavy-duty pot. Heat to a temperature of 375° F. Drop about 4 doughnuts into the oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pot. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden brown. Remove the doughnuts from the oil and allow to drain on the paper towels.
- COMBINE the glaze ingredients, in a small/medium bowl. Dip the doughnuts into the glaze on both sides. Let some glaze drip off before placing the doughnuts onto a baking rack, placed over a parchment lined sheet pan. This will help catch the extra glaze. Let dry and enjoy.
- per serving