Butternut Squash Galette
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 small red onion, cut through the core into ½-inch wedges
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
4 ounces Cabot Habanero Cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- PREHEAT the oven to 425F degrees.
- TOSS the butternut squash and onion with the olive oil, thyme, and garlic on a large baking sheet. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- ROAST in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently unfold and lay out the pie crust on the parchment paper.
- SPRINKLE the cheese on top on the crust, leaving a 2-inch border of crust uncovered.
- ARRANGE the squash and onion on top of the cheese. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the squash and pinch into pleats.
- BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is browned. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- SLICE into wedges and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 20 milligrams
- 310 milligrams
- 36 grams
- 3 grams
- 5 grams
- 7 grams
- 202 milligrams