- 2 small heads of cauliflower, cut into large florets (about 3 pounds)
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk, warmed
4 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- PREHEAT the oven to 375°F.
- PLACE the cauliflower in a large microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap (do not add water). Microwave on high for 7 minutes. Set aside.
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in a large heavy saucepan and add the flour. Cook for 1 minute. Add the warm milk to the flour mixture, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Whisk constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- COMBINE the cooked cauliflower and any accumulated juices with the cheese sauce.
- TRANSFER the mixture to a large baking dish.
- MELT 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet. Add the panko and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- SPRINKLE the panko mixture over the cauliflower and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serving Size
- 1/6 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 50 milligrams
- 830 milligrams
- 18 grams
- 2 grams
- 6 grams
- 11 grams
- 303 milligrams