Cauliflower Pot Pie Soup
Soups Stews & Chili
4 tablespoons Cabot Butter, divided
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk, plus 1 tablespoon
6 ounces Cabot Sharp Yellow Shredded Cheddar (1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- PREHEAT oven to 400-degrees.
- MELT 1 tablespoon butter in a large Dutch oven or stock pot, over medium-high heat.
- ADD the onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and celery. Cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- ADD the cauliflower and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- ROLL out the pie crust and cut into circles or shapes.
- PLACE on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops with milk and bake for 5 minutes.
- MELT remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened. Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese until melted.
- STIR cheese sauce into the cauliflower mixture along with the frozen peas and allow to heat through for a couple minutes.
- SERVE the soup topped with the baked pie dough shapes.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 28 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15 grams
- 60 milligrams
- 1400 milligrams
- 37 grams
- 9 grams
- 16 grams
- 353 milligrams