Cheddar Corn Cakes with Pulled Pork
Adding one of Cabot’s flavored cheddars to these Cheddar Corn Cakes creates the perfect Pulled Pork platform. Cheesy yellow discs of corn complement the full flavor of the barbecued meat. Top with your favorite slaw and dig in!
- About 4 cups cooked shredded pork
1 cup favorite barbecue sauce (or use Dakin Farm BBQ Pulled Pork)
¾ cup Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup lowfat (1%) milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
4 ounces Cabot Habanero Cheddar, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, or Cabot Pepper Jack, grated (about 1 cup)
To make pulled pork*:
- STIR together pork and barbecue sauce; microwave or stir over heat until heated through. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- To make pancakes:
- WHISK together pancake mix, cornmeal, milk, egg and salt until well combined in medium bowl; stir in cheese.
- SPRAY large nonstick skillet with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil; place over medium heat until hot.
- ADD scant ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until one or two bubbles remain open on top (reduce heat if browning too quickly on underside). Turn over and cook until golden on second side. Serve topped with pulled pork. Serve with coleslaw on top of pork or alongside.
*To prepare pork in a slow cooker, add ½ cup broth or water to bottom of slow cooker and top with pork shoulder. Cook on low 8 hours or until tender.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 17.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 172 milligrams
- 1391 milligrams
- 69 grams
- 2 grams
- 46.5 grams
- 339 milligrams