Cheddar Creamed Spinach
Looking to try a little something different, while also making sure that everyone at dinnertime gets their daily share of vegetables? Then make sure to try this cheesy creamed spinach recipe. It features six ounces of delicious Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, and it also has a pinch of ground pepper and nutmeg—talk about a tasty dish! This particular recipe makes for six servings, so it’s a good one to serve as a side-dish for a family dinner. After trying out this recipe, make sure to rate and review it—we’re looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
This cheesy creamed spinach recipe is both hearty and scrumptious too. It calls for Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, but if you don’t have access to that, or if you’d like to use a cheese with a bit of extra flavor, try picking up our Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar. This recipe calls for 2 five-ounce packages of baby spinach, which is good news—spinach is full of valuable nutrients and it’s often times considered to be a superfood of sorts. After trying this recipe, please make sure to rate and review it.
This recipe is both fun and easy to make, and it can be made for just about any occasion—family get-togethers, Sunday dinners or even barbecues. It’s both tasty and filling, and it’s definitely going to be a hit at any meal. When cooking this recipe, make sure to add the salt, pepper and nutmeg before you bring the spinach to a simmer over medium-high heat. Lastly, we here at Cabot pride ourselves on offering only the best to our customers, so we’re eager to hear what you have to say about this dish. Please rate it and review it, and also make sure to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
1 tablespoon Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cup lowfat (1%) milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, preferably white pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 (5-ounce) packages baby spinach, washed and spun dry
- MELT butter in a large Dutch oven or soup pot with canola oil over medium heat.
- ADD garlic and cook, stirring until the garlic is fragrant, but not browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir to form a paste. Remove from heat and whisk in milk until smooth. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, whisking often over medium-high heat.
- ADD spinach, in batches, covering and allowing to wilt so it can fit, until it is completely wilted. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese.
- per serving
- 13.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6.5 grams
- 38 milligrams
- 478 milligrams
- 13 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 10.5 grams
- 313 milligrams