Cheesy Sweet Potato Coins with Chipotle Crema
8 to 10
These Cheesy Sweet Potato Coins with Chipotle Crema is a perfect recipe for any crowd. Cook these up for your next party.
1 ½ pounds (about 3 medium) sweet potatoes (choose long, narrow potatoes)
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
6 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, grated (about 1½ cups)
½ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotles in adobo (more if you like spicy)
- ½ teaspoon adobo sauce from the can
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
Sweet Potato Coins:
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
- WASH potatoes and slice them into ¼-inch slices or “coins.” Place in a bowl and add oil, cumin, paprika and salt. Toss to combine well.
- ARRANGE the potato coins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven 10 minutes, then flip and roast another 10 minutes until tender.
- REMOVE the tray from the oven and sprinkle the coins with equal amounts of cheese.
- RETURN the tray to the oven and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- MAKE the chipotle crema by mixing the yogurt, chipotles, adobo sauce and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- ARRANGE the sweet potato coins on a serving platter. Top each with a dollop of chipotle crema.
- GARNISH with scallions.