Chewy Granola Bars with Yogurt Drizzle
If you enjoy the convenience of granola bars, but want a healthy, homemade version, this chewy granola bar recipe may just become a staple in your kitchen. While they are great on their own, you’ll want to try them with our delicious yogurt drizzle, which makes them spectacular. We don’t think you’ll want them plain once you’ve tasted them with this fabulous drizzle! If you love these granola bars as much as we do, please be sure to share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and coating a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pulse 1 cup of dates in a food processor until chopped and then transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of old-fashioned oats to the food processor and pulse just until chopped (not smooth), and then transfer oats to the mixing bowl as well. Add the remaining ingredients listed for the granola bars (not the yogurt drizzle) and mix well. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. It’s helpful to lightly coat hands with cooking spray to help prevent the batter from sticking to your hands during this process. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or until bars begin to turn golden and have set). Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, cut into bars while still warm, then let cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the yogurt drizzle, combine 2 tablespoons of Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt, 1 tablespoon Cabot Cream Cheese (at room temperature), and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Drizzle evenly over bars, let stand until set, and enjoy! Store bars in refrigerator.
Want to try another healthy bar recipe? Our Oatmeal Cheddar Blackberry Bars provide a convenient breakfast or snack option that’s both savory and sweet thanks to the combination of our Lite50 Sharp Cheddar and blackberry preserves. As a cooperative of over 800 farm families, our mission is to make the highest quality and best tasting dairy products around. We make sure to only feature our very best recipes for you and your family to enjoy. We’d love for you to rate and review this chewy granola bar recipe once you’ve given it a try.
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
2 tablespoons Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon Cabot Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the bars:
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- PLACE dates in bowl of a food processor; pulse until chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add oats to food processor and pulse just until chopped, but not smooth. Transfer oats to mixing bowl. Add sugar and next 9 ingredients (through orange zest.) Mix well.
- PAT mixture evenly into the prepared pan (coat hands lightly with cooking spray to help prevent batter from sticking to hands while pressing).
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bars begin to turn golden and set. Cool for 5 minutes in pan. Cut into bars while still warm and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- PREPARE yogurt drizzle by combining Greek yogurt, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Drizzle evenly over bars and let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.
- per serving
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 15 milligrams
- 70 milligrams
- 41 grams
- 4 grams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams
- 30 milligrams