Chicken Fajita Bowls with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
This light, bright and easy family supper will be a favorite; when the weather is great, cook the veggies and chicken outside on the grill instead of the stovetop.
⅔ cup Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers (any color), cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
4 ounces Cabot Adirondack Cheddar, Cabot Pepper Jack, Cabot Seriously Sharp, grated (about 1 cup)
¼ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
MAKE Pineapple Black Bean Salsa and set aside.
- COOK rice according to package directions.
- COMBINE in medium bowl, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated; set aside.
- HEAT 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium heat; add peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 7 minutes. Transfer vegetables to separate bowl and set aside.
- ADD remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet; when oil is hot, add chicken and cook, stirring and turning pieces occasionally, until cooked through to center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- LAYER about ½ cup hot rice, ½ cup vegetables, ⅔ cup salsa and 2 to 3 ounces of chicken in bowl for each serving; top with some of cheese and dollop of yogurt.
- per serving
- 15 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 86 milligrams
- 212 milligrams
- 31 grams
- 4 grams
- 33 grams
- 191 milligrams