Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- ¾ cup plus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup turbinado sugar
2 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- ADD eggs and sugar into a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and beat on high speed until mixture light and the volume has doubled. Gradually add in cooled melted butter and vanilla bean paste or extract and beat on medium speed until combined.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa powder, baking powder in a separate bowl and mix well.
- ADD the flour mixture gradually to the egg mixture while mixing at the lowest speed on the mixer. Mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- PLACE the dough onto the baking sheet and shape it into a log shape, about 12 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- BAKE for about 30 minutes. The surface of the dough should be fairly dry.
- REMOVE from the oven and let it cool for about 30 minutes. Make sure to cool it completely to prevent the biscotti from crumbling apart when slicing.
- SLICE the log using a serrated knife into 12 pieces. Place them back on the baking sheet sliced side up and bake them for another 12 minutes.
- REMOVE from the oven and let them cool completely before storing them in a air tight jar. Perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee!
- Serving Size
- 1/12 recipe (1 biscotti)
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 50 milligrams
- 17 grams
- 1 grams
- 8 grams
- 3 grams
- 20 milligrams