Cranberry Cheddar Pita Bites
Elevate the ordinary cranberry sauce from a mere condiment to the life of the party when you pair it with Cabot cheddar cheese in this amazing recipe for Cranberry Cheddar Pita Bites. This simple appetizer is easy to prepare and offers the perfect bite-sized combination of sweet and tangy flavors. You’ll want to make these yummy bites again and again! Share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 32 Cranberry Cheddar Pita Bites, place one oven rack in upper position and one in the center position. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
Cut each pita bread into eight 2-inch rounds with a biscuit or cookie cutter and split each round in two. Arrange on baking sheet and bake on center rack for 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and toasted.
Adjust heat to broil. Top each toasted pita round with ½ teaspoon whole berry cranberry sauce (or chutney) and top with grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Horseradish Cheddar dividing it evenly among the pita rounds.
Broil, carefully monitoring and rotating as necessary, for 30 seconds to 3 minutes, or until cheese is evenly melted. Cool slightly before serving.
Cabot is owned by farm families in New England and New York who work hard to ensure that all our products are made using only the finest ingredients. We’d love to hear your thoughts so, if you’d rate and review these cranberry and cheese pita bites after making them, we’d really appreciate it!
- 2 (8-inch) pita breads, whole-wheat or white
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce or chutney
5 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, shredded (about 1 ¼ cups)
- PLACE one oven rack in upper position and one in center position. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- CUT each pita bread into eight 2-inch rounds with biscuit or cookie cutter. Split each round in two. Arrange on baking sheet and bake on center rack for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and toasted.
- ADJUST heat to broil. Top each toasted pita round with ½ teaspoon cranberry sauce or chutney and top with shredded cheddar, dividing it evenly among them.
- BROIL for 30 seconds to 3 minutes or until cheese is evenly melted. Be carefully to monitor and rotate as necessary to get even melting. Cool slightly before serving.
- per serving
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 19 milligrams
- 279 milligrams
- 18 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 5.5 grams
- 128 milligrams