Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Soups Stews & Chili
At your next meal or party, don’t relegate cauliflower to the veggie platter. Instead, give it a starring role in this delicious and healthy cream cauliflower soup. This amazingly simple recipe uses pureed cauliflower, which provides the taste and texture of a rich, creamy soup without all the extra fat and calories that most cream soups have. Once you see how easy this pureed cauliflower soup is to make – and how amazing it tastes – you’ll elevate it to appetizer status at your next gathering or enjoy it for a satisfying lunch. For serving, if you want to really get fancy, ladle the soup into teacups for sipping. Share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make 4 servings of this cheese cauliflower soup, coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add the chopped onion and sauté over medium heat until tender, approximately 3 minutes. Add cauliflower and continue cooking for about 2 more minutes.
Add the low-sodium chicken broth and fat-free milk to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender.
Remove from heat and puree the soup in a blender, working in batches. Return to pan over medium-low heat. Whisk in grated Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar and continue stirring just until melted. Sprinkle with chopped fresh dill and serve.
For another delicious cheddar and cauliflower soup recipe, try this Cauliflower, Leek & Cheddar Soup! As a co-operative of New York and New England farm families, our goal is to make the highest quality and best tasting cheddar cheese and dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this healthy cauliflower soup recipe once you’ve made it!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium head cauliflower, roughly chopped
2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup fat-free milk
2 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- COAT a large saucepan with cooking spray; add onion and saute over medium heat until tender (about 3 minutes).
- ADD cauliflower and continue cooking 2 additional minutes.
- ADD broth and milk to pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender.
- REMOVE from heat; puree soup in a blender in batches. Return to pan over medium-low heat. Whisk in cheese and continue stirring just until melted. Sprinkle with dill and serve.
Make it a Meal: Serve with a prosciutto and melon salad and toasted French baguette slices
- per serving
- 2.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 9 milligrams
- 420 milligrams
- 13 grams
- 4 grams
- 9 grams
- 200 milligrams