Food Processor Butter
Dips Spreads & Dressings
1 cup of butter
- 1 pint heavy cream (high fat content)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Ice water
- POUR the heavy cream into food processor.
- PROCESS the cream for about 3½ minutes. Note: 1 minute will produce whipped cream, 2 minutes will produce granules, 3 minutes will produce buttermilk and in about 3½ minutes the butter will form.
- POUR off the buttermilk keeping the butter solids in the processor. Save the buttermilk for baking or drinking.
- POUR ½ cup of ice water over the butter in the processor. Using a spoon or rubber spatula mash and stir the water around the butter. Pour off the cloudy water and repeat this process with ½ cup of ice water three or four times until the poured off water is clear.
- PROCESS the butter for an additional 20-30 seconds or until the butter forms a ball. Carefully remove the butter to a medium sized bowl.
- ADD the salt if using and work it into the butter.
- WRAP the butter in cheesecloth and squeeze out any remaining buttermilk or water and form a ball. If you don’t have cheesecloth you can use clean hands or clean, thin dish towel.
- PLACE butter into a container. Keep refrigerated.
- Serving Size
- 1/2 Ounce
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 40 milligrams
- 85 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 0 grams
- 1 grams
- 20 milligrams