Greek Yogurt Tzatziki
Dips Spreads & Dressings
1 ½ cups (¼ cup per serving)
Looking to spice up a dish with a creamy, flavorful dip? Our Greek yogurt sauce is the perfect recipe whether you want to top off a dish with Mediterranean flavors or make a stand-alone dipping sauce that everyone will love. This delicious dip features our Cabot Greek Yogurt and fresh cucumbers for a healthy topping that works great with grilled kabobs, lamb, falafels, or Gyros. Or put the sauce in a bowl, slice up some fresh pita, and enjoy. Share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram – and be sure to use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram. Also, check out our Greek Yogurt Substitution Guide and all the great benefits you receive by eating Greek Yogurt!
Greek cucumber sauce has long been a favorite for Mediterranean food lovers, and we are excited to share our recipe with you. The 2 cloves of garlic mix with the tablespoon of chopped dill to add tangy spice that perfectly complements the richness of Cabot Greek Yogurt. The lemon juice and olive oil will add a bit of zesty flair. When all these spices are combined with the crunchy goodness of a fresh cucumber, it creates an intricate flavor that you’ll fall in love with. Our cucumber yogurt dip tastes so good, you’ll feel like you’re on an exotic Greek isle.
Don’t miss out on this dish! Our commitment to quality shines through in all of our award-winning dairy products. That quality makes all the difference when whipping up a tasty dish, and you’ll see the results in the smiles of everyone who tries the Greek yogurt sauce.
For another delicious dip made with Greek yogurt, try our Garlicky Cabot Greek Yogurt Dip. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families, and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. Don’t forget to leave us a review and rate the dish. We would love for you to share your thoughts on this Greek yogurt sauce and any tips or tricks you have for making the sauce extra delicious!
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 medium cucumber
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flavorful extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- PEEL garlic and chop coarsely. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and mash into puree with blade of knife held sideways. Scrape into medium bowl.
- REMOVE ends from cucumber and peel. Cut in half lengthwise; scrape out and discard seeds. Coarsely grate cucumber flesh or mince finely with knife.
- WORKING over another bowl or sink, squeeze grated or chopped cucumber firmly to extract as much juice as possible; discard juice and add squeezed flesh to bowl with garlic.
- ADD yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, dill and pepper, stirring together well.
- COVER and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for flavors to blend. Add more salt if needed. Serve as dip with pita bread and fresh vegetables or as sauce for grilled lamb, chicken, beef or vegetables.
- per serving
- 3.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 124 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 4 grams
- 37 milligrams