Healthy Banana Bread with Yogurt
Breakfast & Brunch
1 loaf for 16 slices
There’s nothing quite like the comfort of a delicious, moist slice of banana bread, whether enjoyed for breakfast, with a cup of coffee in the afternoon or even topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat. If you love your banana bread, but have been looking for a healthier version, this banana bread yogurt recipe is a must-try. It’s lighter and healthier than traditional banana bread, thanks to Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt, but delivers all the flavor goodness you expect and more, with the welcome addition of the warming spices of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Be sure to share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 1 loaf of this banana bread recipe with yogurt, preheat your oven to 350°F. Coat an 8½ by 4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and then dust with flour.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
Melt Cabot Salted Butter in a large microwave-proof bowl. Add the mashed bananas, sugar, Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt, eggs and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer on high speed for about 1 minute. Add the dry ingredient mixture in and beat on low speed until just combined. Scrape batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). Let cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
Want a “superfood” recipe you’ll feel good about having for breakfast? Try our hearty, healthy Carrot Quinoa Breakfast Bread. Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? If you love this healthy banana bread with yogurt as much as we do, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review the recipe when you have the chance!
- Cooking spray
1 ½ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (fluffed with whisk before measuring)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
⅓ cup (5 ⅓ tablespoons) Cabot Salted Butter
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup sugar
½ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 8½ x 4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- MELT butter in a large microwave-proof bowl. Add bananas, sugar, yogurt, eggs and vanilla; beat with electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute.
- ADD dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- BAKE for 60 to 70 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Serving Size
- 1/16 recipe
- per serving
- 4.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 127 milligrams
- 27 grams
- 1 grams
- 3 grams
- 22 milligrams