Instant Pot Coconut Lime Cheesecake
6 to 8
Looking for a crowd-pleasing dessert recipe to serve at Easter or a spring brunch? This instant pot cheesecake is guaranteed to make a lasting impression! It’s absolutely gorgeous, making it the perfect centerpiece for a dessert table. With coconut and lime, this version of cheesecake has a lovely flavor that adds an elegance that’s perfect for serving at special occasions. And did we mention how awesome it is that it’s made in an instant pot? Enough said. After you’ve made and devoured this lime cheesecake, share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Making the Crust:
You’ll need parchment paper, a 7×3” cheesecake pan (aka a springform pan), graham cracker crumbs (bought or made by placing graham crackers in a food processer as noted in recipe instructions below), sweetened shredded coconut (toasted), flour, brown sugar, melted Cabot Unsalted Butter and salt.
Follow step-by-step recipe instructions below and bake the crust for about 12 minutes, or until it’s just beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a baking rack. Start preparing the filling.
Making the Filling:
For the filling, you’ll need the following ingredients: sugar, cornstarch, salt, Cabot Cream Cheese, unsweetened coconut cream (solid part from top of a can of full fat coconut milk), Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt, lime juice and zest, vanilla extract, coconut extract and eggs.
Follow the detailed recipe instructions below to make the filling. Once made, pour filling on top of the pre-baked crust and hit it gently on the counter to evenly distribute and remove any air bubbles. Then follow the instant pot preparation instructions provided below.
Once cheesecake has been removed from instant pot according to directions and has been cooled completely, place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 4 hours, preferably 8. When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator, remove cake from pan and place on serving dish or cake stand. Garnish with toasted coconut and lime zest, if desired. We highly recommend adding this special touch, especially for a holiday celebration, as it makes for a truly stunning presentation!
If you’re looking for another delicious cheesecake recipe that uses Greek yogurt, try our popular Peach Melba Greek Yogurt Cheesecake. As a co-operative of over 800 farm families, Cabot takes a lot of pride in making our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this low carb instant pot cheesecake recipe, so please rate and review it once you’ve tried it.
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
3-4 tablespoons melted Cabot Unsalted Butter
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
12 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut cream (solid part from top of a can of full fat coconut milk), room temperature
½ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
For the crust:
For the filling:
For the crust:
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F
- LINE a 7×3” cheesecake pan (one with a bottom that pops out) with parchment paper around the sides and on the bottom. Combine graham cracker crumbs (*see note), shredded coconut, flour, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl and stir together with a fork.
- SLOWLY pour in the melted butter mixing with the fork to combine as you pour until mixture starts to stick together. You’ll likely use somewhere between 3-4. Transfer the mixture to the bottom of the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup to evenly press the mixture into the pan making sure to tightly pack along the edges.
- BAKE the crust for about 12 minutes or until you notice it just starting to turn golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool on a baking rack while you prepare filling.
For the filling:
- PLACE the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl, mix until combined.
- PLACE the cream cheese and coconut cream in a medium bowl. Mix with an electric hand-held mixer on low speed for about 10-15 seconds until just combined. Add half the sugar mixture while continuing to mix on low speed, once combined (about 10 seconds) add the remainder of the mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- ADD the Greek yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, vanilla and coconut extracts to the bowl. Mix again on low speed until just incorporated, about 15 seconds. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed until batter is smooth, about 20-25 seconds.
- POUR the filling on top of the pre-baked crust and hit it gently on the counter to evenly distribute and remove any air bubbles.
- POUR 1 cup water into a 6-quart Instant Pot then place the steamer rack inside.
- PRESS manual/pressure cook for 28 minutes and leave the lid off until water comes to a boil.
- MAKE an aluminum foil sling by folding a long piece lengthwise three times to go under the cheesecake pan and up the sides so that you can lower it in and pull it out of the pressure cooker more easily. Once water is boiling, lower the cheesecake with the aluminum foil sling down onto the steamer rack. Fold the aluminum foil down so that it fits inside the Instant Pot but make sure it doesn’t touch the cheesecake filling (fold it back behind itself to avoid this if necessary).
- PLACE the lid on the Instant Pot with the venting knob in the venting position. Once closed, turn the knob to the sealing position. It should come to pressure in about 2 minutes. Let it cook on high pressure for the 28 minutes then full natural release (about 9-12 minutes).
- SLOWLY remove the lid trying not to let any condensation fall onto the top of the cheesecake. If there is any liquid pooled in the middle of the cheesecake, gently dap it with a paper towel to absorb. Let cheesecake cool in the Instant Pot with the lid off for about 15-20 minutes.
- RUN a thin knife carefully between the parchment paper and side of the cheesecake pan then pull the cheesecake pan out of the Instant Pot using the aluminum foil sling. Let the cheesecake cool completely to room temperature on the counter.
- ONCE completely cooled, place in the refrigerator and cool for at least 4 hours, preferably 8. Remove cheesecake from refrigerator when ready to serve. Pop the cake out of the sides of the pan from the bottom, remove the parchment paper and place on a serving dish/cake stand. Garnish with toasted coconut and lime zest on top if desired.
To make graham cracker crumbs place graham crackers in a food processor and process until fine crumb consistency
- per serving
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 16 grams
- 105 milligrams
- 260 milligrams
- 43 grams
- 1 grams
- 6 grams
- 103 milligrams