Lasagna Roll Ups
When you feel like lasagna, but want a twist on the traditional recipe, these lasagna roll ups may just be what perfectly satisfies those culinary cravings. Made with spinach, mushrooms, and lean ground beef, this lasagna roll ups recipe is perfectly hearty and full of wonderful flavor. Make and enjoy this dish, then share the recipe love with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 12 lasagna rolls, you’ll need: 8 ounces mushrooms (finely chopped), 8 ounces lean ground beef, 1 small onion (chopped), 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well), 1½ cups ricotta cheese, 1 egg (lightly beaten), 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 12 lasagna noodles (precooked according to package directions), 2 cups spaghetti (or marinara) sauce, and 1 cup Cabot Alpine Cheddar (shredded).
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse mushrooms until finely chopped. Then cook meat, mushrooms, and onion in a large skillet.
Combine thawed spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, and Italian seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Add to the skillet with meat, mushrooms, and onion, stirring until combined. Spread the meat and ricotta mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle and carefully roll up tightly.
In the bottom of a baking dish, pour and spread out 1 cup of spaghetti (or marinara) sauce. Then place all lasagna rolls (seam side down) into dish. Top rolls with the remaining sauce and the shredded Alpine Cheddar. Cover dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
For traditional lasagna, see our Light & Classic Lasagna recipe. We think you’ll love this lighter version of this classic dish! Cabot is committed to producing the very best products, and that commitment shines through in all of the recipes we feature. We’d love for you to rate and review these lasagna roll ups to let us know how you enjoyed them!
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked per package instructions
- 2 cups spaghetti or marinara sauce
1 cup shredded Cabot Alpine Cheddar
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- PLACE the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- COOK meat, mushrooms and onion in a large skillet.
- COMBINE in a bowl thawed spinach, ricotta cheese, egg and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- ADD to skillet with meat and mushrooms, stir until combined.
- SPREAD meat and ricotta mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle. Carefully roll up tightly.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into bottom of baking dish. Place all rolls seam side down in dish. Top rolls with remaining sauce and shredded Alpine Cheddar.
- COVER and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 1 Roll-up
- per serving
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 55 milligrams
- 310 milligrams
- 35 grams
- 3 grams
- 5 grams
- 17 grams
- 179 milligrams