Lettuce Wrap Cheeseburger
Lettuce wraps are a favorite appetizer on many restaurant menus and have also become a popular dish to make at home. They make a perfect appetizer: protein from the meat is satisfying enough to hold you over for a bit and the lettuce is a light alternative to bread, preventing you from becoming too full before the main course arrives. Our cheeseburger wraps recipe serves six and makes an excellent accompaniment to a meal and is also great on its own as a satisfying lunch option. And if you’re looking for an appetizer to serve when entertaining, this recipe for lettuce wrapped burgers can easily be doubled or tripled. Be sure to share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Our Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps are a fun twist on the traditional – we’re sure they’ll become a staple in your home! These lettuce wraps with ground turkey (or beef) are wonderfully seasoned with ingredients including our Cabot Lowfat Greek Yogurt, diced onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and, if you choose, a small amount of sweetener such as Stevia or sugar. Once cooked, the seasoned beef is sprinkled with our grated Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar – you can leave it to sit atop the beef or blend into the mixture, if you prefer. For each wrap, you’ll scoop about ½ cup of the meat filling into an individual lettuce leaf. Then top with tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, and diced dill pickles. This is one lettuce wrapped burger that truly delivers on flavor – you won’t even miss the bun!
Want a lettuce wrap that uses chicken? Then you must try our Asian Chicken & Cheddar Lettuce Wraps. If you love the flavors of fresh ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and scallions, you’ll want to make these! Cabot is committed to producing the very best cheeses on the planet, and that commitment shines through in every product we craft and recipe we feature. We’d love for you to review this cheeseburger wrap recipe and let us know how you enjoyed it!
- 1.2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium white onion, diced
3 tablespoons Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 packet Stevia or pinch of other sweetener (optional)
2 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 dill pickles, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, preferably “no sugar added”
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- COOK ground turkey or beef and onions in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring and breaking up meat, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- ADD yogurt, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper to skillet. Add Stevia if using. (The yogurt will make the meat a bit more moist, and the Stevia will give it a slightly sweet/salty taste.) Cook, stirring, until meat is completely cooked and no longer pink, about 5 minutes longer.
- REMOVE skillet from heat and sprinkle grated cheese over top while meat is still warm, stirring to blend if desired.
- CUT off stem at base of lettuce, then cut head in half lengthwise. Peel off individual leaves, then wash and pat dry.
- SCOOP about ½ cup of filling into lettuce leaf; top with tomatoes, pickles if using, and ketchup and mustard
- per serving
- 3 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 41 milligrams
- 285 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 1 grams
- 26.5 grams
- 95 milligrams