Meatloaf is a classic dish that’s hearty, rich and satisfying. Learn how to make meatloaf quickly and easily with our simple meatloaf recipe. This dish works well for dinner, but you can also serve it during a nice sit-down lunch, as well. The recipe makes four to six servings, and keeps well in the refrigerator too. Featuring a tasty combination of ground beef, soy sauce, onions, and Cabot Monterey Jack, this is a recipe that you shouldn’t skip out on.
With our easy meatloaf recipe, you’ll be making scrumptious meatloaf in no time. Start off by assembling all of your ingredients. You’ll need some Cabot Unsalted Butter, canola oil, white onion, eggs, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lean ground beef chuck, salt, black pepper, breadcrumbs, Cabot Monterey Jack, and cooking spray. The directions below highlight all of the necessary details. Keep in mind that you should bake the loaf for roughly 50 minutes to an hour, or at least until the meatloaf is completely cooked. Remember to let it rest for at least ten minutes prior to serving!
If you can’t get enough meatloaf, consider trying our recipe for individually sized chili cheddar meatloaves. Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families. We work hard to produce a diverse array of award-winning cheeses and dairy products, including Greek yogurts, cheddar cheeses, and more. We know that you only want to serve the best to your loved ones during mealtime. We’re positive that you’re going to love our easy meatloaf recipe. But we’d love to hear your thoughts about the dish. After trying it, please rate and review it. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say about the recipe.
2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- One half large white onion, cut into small dice
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 pounds 80% lean ground beef chuck
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
2 ½ cups panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
4 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack, grated (about 1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- HEAT butter and oil in skillet over high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook onion, stirring often, until deep brown in color, about 10 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 275°F.
- WHISK eggs lightly to combine in large mixing bowl; whisk in ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire and cooked onions.
- ADD ground beef, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and mix with hands until completely blended.
- ADD breadcrumbs and fold in until thoroughly mixed. (Be careful not to over-mix or meatloaf will become dense.)
- FORM mixture into loaf shape. Down center of loaf, form lengthwise cavity halfway down through loaf. Fill with cheese. Fold one side over cheese, then other side on top, pinching to form seal so cheese will not leak out during baking.
- COAT baking sheet with sides lightly with cooking spray and place meatloaf in center. Sprinkle with remaining 1½ teaspoons salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- BAKE for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until meatloaf is cooked all the way through. Let stand for 10 minutes for juices to settle before slicing.
Serve with Port Wine Demi-Glaze and Cabot Horseradish Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- per serving
- 44 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 18 grams
- 2047 milligrams
- 32 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 36.5 grams
- 194 milligrams