Meatloaf with Marinara and Cheddar
An Italian flavored meatloaf recipe. Very classic otherwise. To finish it is topped with marinara sauce and Alpine and set back into the oven to melt. Cool slightly before slicing.
2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, or ½ teaspoon each dried oregano and basil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 slices firm white sandwich bread, crust removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground veal or turkey
- ½ pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup Marinara sauce
4 ounces Cabot Alpine Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and cook, stirring often until the vegetables are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool 20 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- PROCESS bread in a food processor fitted with a steel blade attachment until it forms rough crumbs. Add the breadcrumbs to the bowl with the vegetables and stir to combine. Add beef, veal, sausage and egg to the bowl. Gently knead with clean hands until the mixture is fully combined. Pat meatloaf mixture into a long loaf about 12-inches long by 4 ½ inches wide on the prepared baking sheet.
- TRANSFER the sheet pan to the oven and cook, until the top is browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with Marinara and Cabot Alpine Cheddar and return to the oven until an insta-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meatloaf reaches 165°F, 10 to 12 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 36 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15 grams
- 155 milligrams
- 1140 milligrams
- 19 grams
- 2 grams
- 35 grams
- 213 milligrams