Perfect Cheesy Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Breakfast & Brunch
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 5 large eggs
¾ cup Cabot 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- WHISK 5 large eggs, salt and pepper together until light and foamy.
- DICE the onion and jalapeno finely, then halve each cherry tomato.
- ADD 2 tablespoons butter to a large nonstick pan and turn it to medium high heat. When the butter bubbles, add the diced onion, jalapeno and halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- POUR the whisked eggs into the pan, stirring slowly with a spatula. As soon as big soft lumps of eggs begin to form, turn the heat to low and begin folding the eggs over themselves while gently shaking the pan. Cook until the eggs are not in liquid form but still are not fully cooked.
- TURN off the heat and fold the cheese into the eggs. The eggs will be slightly under cooked, but will continue to cook as you fold the cheese into the scramble.
- REST the scrambled eggs in the pan for 30 seconds, then transfer to two serving plates. Let rest another 30 seconds before serving to allow the eggs to finish cooking. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite breakfast sides.
- Serving Size
- 1/2 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 37 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 18 grams
- 535 milligrams
- 600 milligrams
- 7 grams
- 1 grams
- 25 grams
- 377 milligrams