Potato, Cheddar, and Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
Breakfast & Brunch
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and finely diced
- 2 potatoes, par-boiled and cubed
- 10-12 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- Salt, to taste
1 cup Cabot Seriously Sharp Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Avocado, sliced and then cut into chunks
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro, torn
- Salsa roja or pico de gallo
- Sliced radishes
- Hot sauce
Cabot Sour Cream or crema
For the tacos:
- MELT butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeño (if using), and potato. Salt and pepper to taste, then sauté until the potatoes get a little crispy.
- WIPE out the pan and add chorizo. Sauté until cooked through, breaking up the chorizo as you stir. Drain and combine with potatoes.
- TOAST the corn tortillas one or more at a time, just until they have a little bit of brown on each side in another pan on medium heat. Set aside.
- CRACK the eggs into a bowl and add salt & pepper. Lightly scramble.
- WIPE out one of the pans and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the eggs to pan, and using a fork or spatula, gently toss around pan to form very loose curds. Add shredded cheese when almost done and let melt.
- TOP tortillas with a scoop of egg and a scoop of the sausage-potato mixture. Add more cheese if you’d like, and top as you please.