Savory Herb Corn Muffins
Easy to prepare, these cheesy cornbread muffins are loaded with fresh, colorful vegetables, as well as Cabot Cheddar and Cabot Greek Yogurt. Not your average cornbread, these Savory Herb Corn Muffins are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast, as a satisfying snack, or alongside a hot cup of soup or bowl of chili for lunch or dinner. Delicious fresh out of the oven or reheated later on, you’ll want to give this recipe a try. And after you do, please feel free to pass it along to your friends and family by sharing it on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Ready to dive in and make our cheesy cornbread muffins? You’ll need to cook diced onions, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and spinach in cooking oil in a large skillet. Then you’ll mix together boxed corn muffin mix, grated Cabot Lite75 Sharp Cheddar, thyme, and rosemary in a bowl. Stir in Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt, two large eggs, and the cooked veggies to the corn muffin mixture. Fill each compartment of a 12-cup muffin tin (coated with cooking spray) with the mixture until approximately ⅔ full. Bake until golden brown – about 15-20 minutes – and you have some yummy muffins to nosh on!
If you enjoyed these Savory Herb Corn Muffins, we recommend you also try our recipe for Cheddar Cornbread – it will not disappoint! Did you know that Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families? We work with some of the best dairy farms in the country to produce our award-winning cheeses. We’re positive that you’ll love any recipe that features our cheddar cheeses, but would love to hear your thoughts on these cheesy cornbread muffins. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the recipe, or if you’d just like to tell us how much you loved them, please go ahead and rate and review it.
- Cooking spray
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup finely diced mushrooms
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (14- to 17-ounce) box corn muffin mix
6 ounces Cabot Sharp Lite75 Cheddar, grated (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
⅔ cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Coat insides of 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms and red peppers and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts, 1 to 2 minutes longer; set aside.
- STIR together in a large bowl muffin mix, cheese, thyme and rosemary; stir in yogurt, eggs and reserved vegetables until no dry mixture remains. Fill each muffin cup about two thirds full.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- per serving
- 9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 45 milligrams
- 479 milligrams
- 31 grams
- 1 grams
- 9 grams
- 196 milligrams