Sea Scallops Gratin
Baked in individual buttered small gratin dishes, these sweet and plump sea scallops are topped with fresh breadcrumbs, garlic, almonds and cheese. We’ve used a splash of Pernod to add a slightly anise flavor that pairs well with the scallops and butter.
4 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, melted, divided
1 ½ pounds large sea scallops, “foot” removed and patted dry (10-20 count)
- 2 tablespoons Pernod or white wine
- 4 slices firm white sandwich bread, crusts removed (3.88 ounces)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
4 ounces Cabot Alpine Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- BRUSH 1 tablespoon melted butter all over the insides of a 12-inch gratin dish or 4 individual gratin dishes. Arrange sea scallops in the dish/dishes. Drizzle scallops with Pernod, dividing evenly.
- PROCESS bread in food processor fitted with steel blade attachment until coarse crumbs are formed. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter and garlic, and pulse several times to combine. Add almonds and parsley and pulse 2 to 4 just to combine, but so that the almonds do not break down too much.
- DIVIDE the crumb mixture over the scallops. Set on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake until the scallops are steaming and the breadcrumb mixture is deeply golden, 20 to 24 minutes. Top with Cabot Alpine cheddar and bake until the cheese is just melted and the scallops are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes longer.
- Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 12 grams
- 100 milligrams
- 1040 milligrams
- 27 grams
- 1 grams
- 32 grams
- 228 milligrams