Sharp Cheddar Cheese Homemade Pizza
For a healthy, homemade pizza that serves 8, try this easy pizza recipe. Topped with a black bean mixture, tomato salsa, chopped mild green chilies, diced cooked chicken, grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese (or Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar) and coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, this recipe will change up your pizza game. To make it a vegetarian cheese pizza, simply leave out the chicken! Enjoy with a salad for lunch or dinner and share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place crust on a large baking sheet.
Place half of the beans and oil in a small bowl, setting the rest of the beans aside. Mash into a coarse paste and spread bean mixture over crust.
Put salsa in a strainer or colander and shake to remove excess liquid. Spread salsa over beans and then evenly distribute chicken, chilies and reserved beans on top. Sprinkle with grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar (or Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar).
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is beginning to color. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Let stand for several minutes before cutting into slices and devouring.
Want another scrumptious homemade pizza recipe to make for your next pizza night? Our Southwest Pizza will win you over immediately! As a co-operative of over 800 farm families, Cabot takes a lot of pride in making our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this homemade pizza recipe, so please rate and review it once you’ve tried it.
- 1 (12-inch) pre-cooked pizza crust
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato salsa, plain or roasted corn
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 (4.25-ounce) jar whole mild green chilies, chopped
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Place crust on large baking sheet.
- PLACE half of beans and oil in small bowl, setting rest of beans aside; mash into coarse paste. Spread bean mixture over crust.
- PUT salsa in strainer or colander and shake to remove excess liquid; spread salsa over beans. Evenly distribute chicken, chilies and reserved beans on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is beginning to color.
- REMOVE from oven and sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand for several minutes before cutting into slices.
- per serving
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 22 milligrams
- 676 milligrams
- 31 grams
- 4 grams
- 15 grams
- 150 milligrams