Shrimp and Cheese Grits Recipe
Whether or not you’re a fan of grits, you should give this shrimp and cheese grits recipe a try. With a lovely combination of ingredients that includes fresh rosemary, parsley, wine, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and sharp cheddar, this flavorful dish is far from the plain grits you may be familiar with. Try it out and then share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make 4 servings, begin by cooking grits according to package directions. Once they’re just about done, whisk in Cabot Salted Butter. Slowly add in the grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar, continuing to whisk. Remove from heat once the cheese has melted and the grits are smooth and have thickened. Cover and set aside.
For the BBQ shrimp, season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat half of the canola oil over medium-high heat in the skillet. Add shrimp and cook until pink and beginning to curl, about 1 to 2 minutes per side, and transfer to a plate.
Add remaining oil to the skillet and add the minced onion and garlic, stirring. Then add the wine, lemon juice, fresh rosemary, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring, until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
Return shrimp to the skillet and stir until just heated through, about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and add Cabot Salted Butter, 1 or 2 cubes at a time until it is all incorporated. Stir in fresh parsley and, if needed, season with additional salt and pepper. Serve over warm grits and dig in!
For another crowd-pleasing shrimp recipe, try our Simply Delicious Shrimp. Cabot is a co-operative of over 800 farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around. If you love this shrimp and cheese grits dish as much as we do, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review the recipe when you have the chance!
- ½ cup grits
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup white wine or cooking wine
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
5 tablespoons chilled Cabot Salted Butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
To Make Grits:
- BEGIN cooking grits according to package directions.
- WHISK in butter, when grits are nearly done; slowly add cheese while continuing to whisk. When cheese has melted and grits are smooth and thickened, remove from heat, cover and set aside.
To Make BBQ Shrimp:
- SEASON shrimp with salt and pepper.
- HEAT half of oil over medium-high heat, in skillet; add shrimp and cook until pink and beginning to curl, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- ADD remaining oil to skillet. Add onion and garlic and stir for about 30 seconds. Add wine, lemon juice, rosemary, hot sauce and Worcestershire; cook, stirring, until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- RETURN shrimp to skillet and stir until just heated through, about 30 seconds. Turn off heat under pan and add butter a cube or two at a time until all is incorporated. Stir in parsley and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve over warm grits.
- per serving
- 40 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 21 grams
- 145 milligrams
- 710 milligrams
- 26 grams
- 1 grams
- 18 grams
- 300 milligrams