Sourdough Discard Cheddar Cornbread
Breakfast & Brunch
If you’re looking for a great way to use your sourdough discard recipe, try this cheddar sourdough cornbread. We’ve blended three quarters of a cup of sourdough discard into this cheesy cornbread batter to give it a rich and complex flavor. You’ll love how moist and fluffy this bread turns out. Sourdough Cornbread is perfect for serving alongside soup, chili and just about any main dish recipe. Of course, it’s delicious all on its own too! Share this easy bread recipe with your fellow sourdough lovers on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram – and be sure to use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram.
To make cheddar sourdough cornbread, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat a 9-inch pie plate or 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or grease with butter).
Stir sourdough discard, eggs and Cabot Salted Butter (melted and cooled) in a medium bowl. Add milk and stir again.
In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the sourdough mixture to the cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined. Then add shredded Cabot 2 Year Cheddar and stir to combine.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake the cornbread until the center is set and springs back lightly when pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
For a cheddar cornbread recipe with a bit of a kick, try our Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread next! Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on this sourdough cornbread recipe, so please rate and review it when you have the chance.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- COAT a 9-inch pie plate or 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- STIR sourdough discard, eggs and butter in a medium bowl. Add milk and stir again.
- STIR cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- ADD the sourdough mixture to the cornmeal mixture, and stir until just combined.
- ADD cheese and stir to combine.
- SPREAD the batter in the prepared pan.
- BAKE the cornbread until the center is set and springs back lightly when pressed and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
- 33 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 18 grams
- 185 milligrams
- 1130 milligrams
- 67 grams
- 3 grams
- 7 grams
- 25 grams
- 568 milligrams