Spaghetti & Cheesy Turkey Meatballs
Looking to try a new spin on an old-school comfort food recipe? Then you’re going to love our recipe for easy turkey meatballs. Featuring a delicious combination of ground turkey or chicken with Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, this dish definitely doesn’t lack in the flavor department. The recipe makes for eight servings, so it’s a great one to make for the whole family. After trying it, please share the recipe with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. We hope you and your family love it!
Interested in learning how to make turkey meatballs? No problem! Our spaghetti and cheesy turkey meatball recipe is an ideal one for budding chefs to try out. The ingredients are pretty straightforward. You’ll need a pound of ground turkey or chicken, breadcrumbs, Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, garlic, parsley, sage, an egg, whole grain spaghetti, olive oil, vegetable tomato sauce, and dried oregano. When you’re ready to start cooking, combine the turkey (or chicken), breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, sage, and parsley into a single large bowl. Mix everything together and add the egg. Once that’s complete, shape 16 balls out of the mixture and bake the meatballs for roughly a half hour. Once that’s done, cook the spaghetti and toss with olive oil once it’s ready. Then add the sauce and the meatballs and sprinkle your cheddar on top.
If you enjoyed this dish, but you’re on the hunt for a different kind of a spaghetti dish, then give our recipe for taco spaghetti a try. Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families. We do our best to produce only top-notch cheeses and dairy products. We hope you enjoy our easy turkey meatball recipe. After making it, please rate and review the dish. We can’t wait to check out your feedback.
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated & divided (about ¾ cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (16-ounce) package dry whole grain spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups Vegetable Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine turkey or chicken, breadcrumbs, ½ cup of cheese, garlic, parsley and sage; mix together well. Stir in egg and just enough water to make mixture hold together.
- SHAPE mixture into 16 balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, turning occasionally, or until meatballs are golden brown.
- COOK spaghetti in large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain thoroughly, return to pot and toss with olive oil (to prevent spaghetti from sticking together).
- ADD sauce and cooked meatballs; combine gently and transfer to large serving dish. Sprinkle with oregano and remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- per serving
- 10.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 61 milligrams
- 592 milligrams
- 63 grams
- 10.5 grams
- 26 grams
- 178 milligrams