Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin-Cheddar Sandwiches
If you’re looking for a classy version of the standard pork cutlet sandwich, look no further. Whether you want to shake up your usual lunch routine, have a cookbook-worthy sandwich to pack for a picnic or serve a crowd-pleasing sandwich at a gathering, this grilled pork tenderloin sandwich recipe will not disappoint. Don’t let the simplicity of this dish, including both the short ingredient list and the quick preparation time, fool you – it delivers exceptional flavor and is a fan favorite. Share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Not sure how to grill pork tenderloin? You’ll love how easy it is!
Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium-hot or preheat broiler.
Rub dry pork tenderloin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until barely pink in center (155°F on instant-read thermometer), about 15 to 20 minutes, turning over midway.
Remove pork to a cutting board and let stand for several minutes to allow for juices to settle. In the meantime, toast bread halves on the grill or under a broiler.
Spread both halves of toasted bread with Dijon mustard. Top one half with sliced Italian plum tomatoes, then with the watercress or arugula, followed by sliced Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese. Slice warm pork and arrange on top of the cheese.
Press the remaining bread half on top, cut sandwich into four portions and serve.
When you want a picnic-worthy sandwich that only requires a broiler, you’ll want to try these Toasted Hero Sandwiches. As a co-operative of farm families, our goal is to make the highest quality and best tasting cheddar cheese and dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review these grilled pork cutlet sandwiches once you’ve made the recipe!
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 12 ounces
- About 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16-inch) loaf French bread or round loaf focaccia, split
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups washed and stemmed watercress or arugula
6 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese (about 1 ½ cups)
- PREHEAT charcoal or gas grill to medium-hot, or preheat broiler.
- DRY pork tenderloin; rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until barely pink in center (155°F on instant-read thermometer), 15 to 20 minutes, turning over midway.
- REMOVE pork to cutting board and let stand for several minutes for juices to settle. Meanwhile, toast bread halves on grill or under broiler.
- SPREAD both halves of toasted bread with mustard. Top one half with tomatoes, then with watercress or arugula, then with sliced cheese. Slice warm pork and arrange over cheese.
- PRESS remaining bread half on top. Cut sandwich into four portions.
- per serving
- 23 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11 grams
- 125 milligrams
- 1601 milligrams
- 58 grams
- 2 grams
- 49 grams
- 328 milligrams