Statler Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Artichoke Hearts, Figs & Cabot Sharp Cheddar
- ½ cup chopped dried figs
- ½ cup chopped canned artichoke hearts, excess moisture squeezed out
- ½ cup panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh fennel fronds
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, divided
4 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, melted
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large (12-ounce) skin-on boneless chicken breasts, preferably Statler-cut*
- 1 cup rich chicken stock
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
To make stuffing:
COMBINE figs, artichoke hearts, breadcrumbs, cheese, fennel, red onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, half of parsley and half of tarragon in a large bowl; toss together. Add melted butter and toss again. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
To finish dish:
- HEAT oil over high heat in a large, heavy skillet. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place skin-side-down in skillet and sauté until golden and crispy on underside, 5 to 6 minutes.
- TURN chicken over and sauté until golden on second side, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Transfer to cutting board and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Halfway down, cut horizontal pocket in each chicken breast, three-quarters of the way through; fill each pocket with some of stuffing. Place in baking dish; add chicken stock and remaining ½ teaspoon each parsley and tarragon. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- TRANSFER chicken to serving platter or plates; swirl butter into pan juices and pour over chicken.
Serve with Polenta.
*”Statler-cut” chicken breasts are boneless breasts with the small wing bone (drumette) left attached.
- per serving
- 37.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 16 grams
- 506 milligrams
- 41 grams
- 2 grams
- 27 grams
- 158 milligrams