Triple Cream Yogurt Cranberry Coffee Cake
Breakfast & Brunch
If you’re looking for brunch ideas at home, this delicious yogurt coffee cake is a perfect recipe – it’s also amazing for breakfast on any day, for a snack, to accompany teatime or for dessert. Cranberries add a pop of color and tartness to this sweet cake, orange juice wonderfully complements the cranberries and Cabot Triple Cream Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt adds a lovely flavor dynamic to the overall cake. If you have company coming, you’ll want to make this Cranberry Coffee Cake. We guarantee it won’t last! Share this easy coffee cake recipe with friends and family members on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram – and use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram.
To make 12 servings of this healthy coffee cake, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Beat Cabot Unsalted Butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar and ½ cup brown sugar, beating well. Then add eggs and beat well.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with yogurt and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Be sure to mix well after each addition.
Spoon ⅔ of batter into the bottom of a 13- x 9-inch pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
Combine remaining ½ cup brown sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and cranberries in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until minced.
Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter, dividing evenly to create a crumble appearance on the top of the cake. (Note: Batter will not cover cranberry mixture completely.)
Bake for 60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake. Enjoy!
For more fall breakfast ideas, try our Apple, Cranberry & Cheddar Muffins recipe next. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on this yogurt coffee cake. If you have a chance, please rate and review the recipe!
½ cup Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
1 cup Cabot Triple Cream Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnut halves
- 1 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons orange juice
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugar and ½ cup brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, beating well.
- COMBINE in a separate bowl the flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and next 3 ingredients (through salt).
- ADD to butter mixture alternately with yogurt and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- SPOON ⅔ of batter into bottom of a 13- x 9-inch pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- COMBINE remaining ½ cup brown sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and cranberries in bowl of a food processor; pulse until minced. Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter, dividing evenly to create a crumble appearance on the top of the cake. Batter will not cover cranberry mixture completely.
- BAKE 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COMBINE powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.
- Serving Size
- 1/12 recipe
- per serving
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 270 milligrams
- 55 milligrams
- 61 grams
- 2 grams
- 42 grams
- 6 grams
- 99 milligrams