Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
This vanilla-flecked cheesecake has all of the rich, creamy goodness of the classic, but our lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt and Cream Cheese make it even more enjoyable – making it the perfect dessert for holiday parties, picnics, family gatherings and more. With a rich, melt-in-your-mouth texture from Cabot’s premium cream cheese, and a buttery, delicious graham cracker crust, this cheesecake won’t be out for long before it gets devoured! To make this holiday dessert recipe even more appealing, dress it up with a topping bar – fresh berry compote, a warm chocolate drizzle, or a fluffy whipped cream – so your guests can customize it to their liking.
This vanilla bean cheesecake recipe makes 16 servings. Start by making the crust, and preheating your oven to 350°F.
Next, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, salted butter, and sugar in a bowl, until well blended. Press over bottom and partly up sides of the 9-inch springform pan – either nonstick or coated with cooking spray.
Bake the crust for 12 minutes or until lightly colored. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Next, prepare the cheesecake filling. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F, and combine all of your filling ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until blended and smooth.
Pour the cheesecake filling mixture into the prepared crust. Bake for 45 minutes or until your cheesecake is set on edges and only slightly jiggly in the center.
Turn off heat, but leave your cheesecake in the oven. Prop open the door about 1 inch and let the cake slowly cool for one hour.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Serve plain, or topped with fresh berries or sliced fruit.
If you’re looking for other yogurt dessert recipes for your next gathering, try our Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake – a lighter version of the classic. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on this breakfast dish, so please rate and review it to share your opinion with others.
1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 12 whole crackers)
4 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
2 cups Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek
1 (8-ounce) package Cabot Premium Cream Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
¼ cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
To Make Crust:
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- STIR together crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl, until well blended. Press over bottom and partly up sides of 9-inch springform pan (nonstick or coated with cooking spray).
- BAKE for 12 minutes or until lightly colored. Remove from oven and set aside.
To Make Filling & Bake Cheesecake:
- REDUCE oven temperature to 325°F.
- COMBINE all ingredients in food processor or blender; process until blended and smooth.
- POUR mixture into prepared crust.
- BAKE for 45 minutes or until cheesecake is set on edges and only slightly jiggly in center.
- TURN off heat, leaving cheesecake in oven. Prop open door about 1 inch and let cake slowly cool for one hour.
- REMOVE from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Serve plain, or topped with fresh berries or sliced fruit.
- per serving
- 9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 160 milligrams
- 75 milligrams
- 24 grams
- 0 grams
- 6 grams
- 62 milligrams