Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
In need of a vegetarian stuffed mushrooms recipe? Then you’re in luck! These stuffed mushroom caps are made with a medley of delicious ingredients, including lentils, red wine, Panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, shredded Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar and seasonings. This versatile dish makes the perfect elegant appetizer and is sure to be a crowd pleaser – it’s also great to serve as a side to a dinner entrée. Bonus: You can prepare these a day ahead and bake them right before serving! Once you’ve made these meatless stuffed mushrooms, share the recipe on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram – and be sure to tag us @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram.
To make 16 vegetarian stuffed mushrooms, wipe off or wash mushrooms in cold water. Pop out stems, reserving both parts. Chop mushroom stems finely and set aside.
Heat olive oil and Cabot Salted Butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent. Add chopped mushroom stems, basil, salt, pepper and sage. Cook 5 more minutes or until stems are softened.
Add red wine to the skillet and scrape to deglaze pan. Remove from heat and stir in lentils, grated Parmesan cheese, shredded Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar and breadcrumbs.
Stuff caps evenly with mixture and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
For another savory vegetarian stuffed mushrooms recipe, try our Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. Cabot is a co-operative of New York and New England farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on these stuffed mushroom caps, so please rate and review the recipe when you have the chance.
- 16 white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sage
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 ounce Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- WIPE off or wash mushrooms in cold water. Pop out stems, reserving both parts. Chop mushroom stems finely and set aside.
- HEAT oil and butter in a pan over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent.
- ADD chopped mushroom stems, basil, salt, pepper and sage; cook 5 additional minutes or until stems are softened.
- ADD wine to skillet and scrape to deglaze pan. Remove from heat. Stir in lentils, cheeses and breadcrumbs. Stuff caps evenly with mixture.
- BAKE at 350°F for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 1/16 of recipe - one mushroom
- per serving
- 2.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 4 milligrams
- 58 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 22 milligrams