Vermont Harvest Cheddar, Sausage & Apple Wontons
- ¾ cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 (12-ounce) package fully cooked chicken-apple sausages, finely chopped
5 ounces Cabot Sharp Lite75 Cheddar, finely grated (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 1 small sweet-tart apple, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package wonton wrappers
To Make Dipping Sauce:
- WHISK together cranberry sauce, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl until blended and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- COVER and refrigerate until needed.
To Make Wontons:
- WHISK together egg whites, mustard, and sage in a large bowl until frothy and combined. Add sausage, cheese, apple, dried cranberries and green onions and mix well.
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- POSITION one wonton wrapper with point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with damp paper towel.)
- PLACE 1 level tablespoon of filling in center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner up over filling, then fold in sides over filling.
- ROLL toward remaining point. Moisten top corner with water, pressing to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- REPEAT with remaining wrappers and filling. Lightly coat wontons with additional cooking spray.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, turning over midway. Serve warm with cranberry dipping sauce.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 2.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 298 milligrams
- 17 grams
- 1 grams
- 6.5 grams
- 75 milligrams