Baked Apples with Cheddar-Brown Sugar Crisp
Baked apples are absolutely delicious, and this lactose free baked apples with brown sugar recipe is definitely one of favorite desserts. It makes four servings, and is a great one to serve up for dessert or as an afternoon snack. It features an enticing blend of oats, brown sugar, Cabot Sharp Cheddar and two tasty apples. While this dish does take some time to prepare, it’ll be absolutely worth it. After trying out this recipe, please make sure to rate and review it. Also, feel free to share this recipe with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
This delicious baked apples recipe only calls for a few basic ingredients. You’ll need some quick oats, brown sugar, Cabot Sharp Cheddar, baking apples and a cup of cranberry juice. When you’re ready to make these baked apples, make sure to set your oven to 350°F. The directions below note exactly how you should cut your apples, we suggest cutting them in half and scooping out the core. Then combine all of your other ingredients into a bowl, and add the mixture into each of the scooped-out apples. Pour some of the cranberry juice into a baking dish, and then place the apples into the dish. Bake everything for roughly one hour.
If you’re like us, you love the way tart and sweet apples combine with savory sharp cheddar. That’s why we put together this amazing apple and cheddar pairings guide! Please check it out. And of course, after trying this baked apples recipe, be sure to rate and review it—we want to make sure that this recipe lives up to your expectations so please let us know your thoughts!
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 ounce Cabot Sharp Cheddar, finely grated (about ¼ cup), plus extra for garnish
- 2 large Empire or other baking apples
- 1 cup Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- PLACE rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- WORK together oats and brown sugar in small bowl; add cheddar and toss to combine.
- CUT apples in half along equator; with melon baller or sharp spoon, scoop out star-shaped core from center of each half, leaving bottom intact.
- PRESS some of oat mixture into hole and over top of each apple half; arrange apples in 8-inch square or other small baking dish and pour cranberry juice cocktail around base of apples.
- BAKE for 50 to 60 minutes or until apples are completely tender all the way to bottom when pierced with skewer.
- SERVE with juices from baking dish spooned over top and additional sprinkle of grated cheddar.
- per serving
- 3 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 50 milligrams
- 68 grams
- 2 grams
- 3 grams
- 80 milligrams