Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa
4 - 6
- 2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1 jalapeño, diced and seeds removed
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4-6 bell peppers (one per person)
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack, grated (about 1 cup)
- PREHEAT the oven to 350°F.
- COOK the quinoa according to the package instructions, using either water or stock.
- PREPARE the remaining stuffing ingredients by combining together the jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, cumin, coriander, salt, and black beans while the quinoa is cooking.
- SQUEEZE the lime over the mixture and drizzle the olive oil over as well. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper if necessary.
- ADD the fully cooked quinoa to the bean mixture and combine until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- CORE the peppers using a sharp serrated knife, cutting off the top and removing any seeds and side walls inside the pepper. Discard the top and give the interiors a quick rinse.
- FILL each pepper with a generous scoop of the quinoa filling until it is lightly packed to the rim of the pepper.
- TOP each pepper with a ¼ cup of Cabot Pepper Jack cheese.
- BAKE the peppers in a roasting pan for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are slightly charred and the cheese is fully melted.
- SERVE warm with fresh salsa on the side.
- Serving Size
- 1/6 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 20 milligrams
- 390 milligrams
- 62 grams
- 13 grams
- 11 grams
- 19 grams
- 208 milligrams