Learn how to grill a burger in a quick, easy way and get mouthwatering results. This BLT burger with Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar will not disappoint! With the World’s Best Cheddar melted on top of grilled beef, then nestled into buns with fresh summer ripe tomato, crisp lettuce and smoky bacon, this is the burger you’ve been dreaming of. Enjoy this amazing BLT burger and be sure to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Begin by preheating your grill to medium high heat. Form beef into four patties, about ¾ inch thick, and sprinkle salt and pepper over the patties.
Place the patties on the grill and cook until browned on the bottom, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip patties over and add sliced Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese or Cabot Seriously Sharp Cracker Cuts. Let cook until patties reach desired doneness, approximately another 3 to 5 minutes. An insta-read thermometer will read 145 for medium rare. Let rest 3 to 5 minutes.
If desired, grill buns to toast, between 30 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on how much toasting you prefer.
Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on the buns and then place one lettuce leaf on the bottom half of each bun. Top with a cooked burger and then top each burger with tomato and bacon. Place bun top on and serve!
Want another scrumptious recipe to make the next time you’re craving a burger? Our BBQ Pineapple Burger is packed with amazing flavor. As a co-operative of over 800 farm families, Cabot takes a lot of pride in making our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this bacon, lettuce and tomato burger, so please rate and review it once you’ve tried it.
1 ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar sliced, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Seriously Sharp Cracker Cuts
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 small leaves green leaf lettuce
- 4 thick slices of a ripe large slicing tomato
8 slices Dakin Farm Bacon, cooked until crispy
- PREHEAT grill to medium high heat. Form beef into four patties, about ¾ inch thick. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the patties.
- PLACE the patties on the grill, and cook until browned on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip over and add cheese. Let cook until desired doneness, another 3 to 5 minutes. An insta-read thermometer will read 145 for medium rare. Let rest 3 to 5 minutes.
- GRILL buns to toast if desired, 30 seconds, to 2 minutes.
- SPREAD mayonnaise and ketchup on the buns. Place one leaf lettuce on the bottom half of each bun. Top with a cooked burger. Top each burger with tomato and bacon. Top with the bun top and serve.
- per serving
- 48 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 18 grams
- 165 milligrams
- 1420 milligrams
- 25 grams
- 1 grams
- 4 grams
- 308 milligrams