Blueberry Filled Lemon Cupcakes
For a fresh, delicious, sweet treat that’s perfect for any special occasion and an everyday treat, make these Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes. Flavored with fresh lemon juice, fresh lemon zest, and blueberries, this is an ideal dessert to make during the spring and summer months. The combination of these sweet and tart summer fruits results in a light and refreshing cupcake no one will be able to resist!
To elevate this dessert even more, the lemon cupcakes are filled with fresh blueberries – making for a lovely surprise – and topped with a velvety cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese frosting is easy to whip up and beautifully compliments the lemon blueberry cupcakes. You can quickly make it while the cupcakes bake and have it ready to go once your cupcakes have completely cooled.
While these cupcakes are simple to make, they deliver impressive results. You and your loved ones will be delighted with how moist these cupcakes are and enjoy the wonderful flavor of juicy blueberries in every bite. Whether you’re hosting a bridal shower, baby shower, birthday celebration, going on a picnic, celebrating Mother’s Day or need a chic dessert for any other occasion, these lemon blueberry cupcakes are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Make these lemon blueberry cupcakes for an upcoming occasion (or just because!) and then share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram – and be sure to use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram.
For more delicious blueberry and lemon dessert recipes, try these Blueberry-Lemon Cheesecake Squares and these Lemon Blueberry Mini Bundt Cakes. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on these Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes, so please rate and review the recipe when you have the chance.
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
¾ cup Cabot Unsalted Butter, (1½ sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
⅓ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
12 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, room temperature
½ cup Cabot Unsalted Butter, (1 stick) room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ADD sugar, water and cornstarch to a small sauce pan. Cook on low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- ADD the blueberries, bring to a simmer, and cook until sauce has thickened and some blueberries have popped. Taste the blueberry filling and add more sugar if needed.
- SET aside to cool.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line cupcake tins with liners (about 16 cupcakes).
- WHISK flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- BEAT room temperature butter and sugar until fluffy and combined.
- ADD eggs and beat until combined.
- ADD yogurt, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Beat on low speed until incorporated.
- ADD the flour mixture and beat until almost incorporated, then add the milk. Beat until batter is smooth and combined.
- FILL cupcake liners about ⅔ full. Bake 20 – 23 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
BEAT room temperature cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- ADD the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- CUT out the center of the cupcake to make a hole for the blueberry filling using a cupcake corer or a knife.
- ADD the cooled blueberry filling and then top with the cut center to seal the filling.
- PIPE the cream cheese frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- per serving
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 14 grams
- 95 milligrams
- 150 milligrams
- 35 grams
- 1 grams
- 24 grams
- 4 grams
- 78 milligrams