Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Light Cheddar
Colorful, flavorful, and so very easy to prepare, this Bow Tie Pasta Salad is perfect for a meal at home, a picnic outside, or a popular potluck addition. The addition of Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar adds delicious cheesy flavor with few calories and fat.
- ½ (16-ounce) box bow tie or other shaped pasta
⅓ cup Cabot Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 4 ounces reduced-sodium baked ham or smoked turkey, diced
8 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, diced (about 2 cups)
- ½ medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, green and white parts, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon mild paprika
- COOK pasta accordingly to package directions, in large pot of boiling salted water; drain in colander, rinse under cold water to cool and drain again.
- WHISK together greek yogurt, in small bowl, vinegar, relish, white pepper and pepper sauce.
- COMBINE pasta, ham or turkey, cheese, red pepper and green onions, in large bowl. Add yogurt mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate pasta mixture and yogurt mixture separately and mix when ready to serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3.5 grams
- 350 milligrams
- 25 milligrams
- 25 grams
- 1 grams
- 16 grams
- 220 milligrams