Broccoli Cabot Cheddar Soup
Soups Stews & Chili
Sometimes on cold winter days, you just want a hearty, rich bowl of soup to warm you up and put a smile on your face. Look no further than the broccoli Cabot cheddar soup, which makes a quick and easy meal that is sure to hit the spot. Our recipe is cheesy and delicious yet loaded with fresh broccoli. If you’re looking for a meatless soup that is still hearty enough to make a great meal, this broccoli cheddar soup recipe is a must-try! Be sure to leave us a review with your thoughts on the recipe and any tips or ideas on how to give the dish a personalized twist!
A helpful tip is to add 2 cups of peeled and diced potatoes to make the soup thick and filling. The tender potatoes will combine with the Cabot Sharp Cheddar for a flavor combination reminiscent of a loaded baked potato. The 3 cups of chopped or sliced broccoli will provide fresh veggies to the soup for a dish that is satisfyingly healthy and filling. Our broccoli cheddar soup is great on its own or you can pair it perfectly with a sandwich for a hearty lunch combination.
Make sure to rate the dish and leave us your comments and reviews. If you have any ideas on how to give the recipe a little twist, feel free to share your ideas with other broccoli cheddar soup lovers! At Cabot, we’re dedicated to providing high-quality dairy products and we won’t rest until our customers are completely satisfied with our recipes. We believe that our award-winning cheddar cheeses make all the difference when cooking up a hearty bowl of broccoli cheddar soup, and we can’t wait to hear how you enjoyed the dish!
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 2 cups peeled and diced boiling potatoes (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 (14½ – ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups broccoli (chopped florets and thinly sliced stems)
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- Pinch of lemon zest
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- MELT butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- ADD flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes longer.
- STIR in chicken broth and milk. Bring to simmer and cook until potatoes are nearly tender, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in cheese. Add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- per serving
- 29 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 18 grams
- 87 milligrams
- 1162 milligrams
- 24 grams
- 6 grams
- 25 grams
- 654 milligrams