Bulgur, Cucumber & Chickpea Salad
The fresh taste of cucumbers and garden herbs combine with the hearty appeal of chickpeas and bulgur to create a main course salad dressed with Cabot’s creamy, tangy Greek Yogurt.
1 ¼ cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw bulgur
¼ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups halved and thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or mint (optional)
- BRING water and salt to boil in saucepan; turn off heat, stir in bulgur, cover pan and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes until water is absorbed.
- UNCOVER and let cool to room temperature (spread out on baking sheet to cool faster).
- WHISK together yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper, in large bowl.
- ADD cucumber, chickpeas, cooled bulgur and herbs if using. Toss together well.
- COVER and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for cucumber juices to soften bulgur further and flavors to meld.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 1 milligrams
- 452 milligrams
- 23 grams
- 5 grams
- 6 grams
- 44 milligrams