Cabot Cheddar Cornbread
If you’ve never had cornbread with cheddar cheese, you don’t know what you’re missing! Yes, traditional cornbread is delicious, but when you want to take your cornbread up a few notches, this cheesy cornbread recipe delivers both in taste and texture. Share the recipe with your family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 12 servings of cheesy cornbread, preheat your oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt. Then stir in grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese.
In a separate small bowl, thoroughly whisk together milk, egg and melted Cabot Salted Butter.
Put vegetable oil in a 9-inch or 10-inch cast-iron skillet (or a glass pie plate). Once oven has been preheated, place skillet (or pie plate) in oven to preheat for 5 minutes.
Once preheated, remove skillet or pie plate from oven. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients just until there are no traces of dry ingredients left. Spread batter evenly in the hot skillet or pie plate and return to oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until corn bread is golden on top and skewer or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
When you’re in the mood for cornbread with a spicy kick, try our Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread recipe. As a co-operative of farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this cheddar corn bread recipe after you’ve tried it by rating and reviewing it.
1 ¼ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup stone-ground yellow corn meal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
4 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- WHISK together flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt, in large bowl. Stir in cheese.
- WHISK together thoroughly milk, egg and melted butter, in another smaller bowl.
- PUT oil in 9-inch or 10-inch cast-iron skillet or glass pie plate, when oven is hot; place in oven to preheat for 5 minutes.
- REMOVE skillet or pie plate from oven. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients just until no traces of dry ingredients remain. Spread batter evenly in hot skillet or pie plate.
- RETURN to oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until corn bread is golden on top and skewer or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- per serving
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 50 milligrams
- 336 milligrams
- 17 grams
- 1 grams
- 8 grams
- 257 milligrams