Cabot Cheddar Cream Biscuits
Looking for a fun biscuit recipe to try out? Our recipe for cream biscuits is extremely popular, and it features four delicious ounces of Cabot Sharp Cheddar, so you know that it’s pretty yummy. The recipe makes 10 cream biscuits, and it takes roughly 12 to 15 minutes to bake, so this is the ideal recipe to try out when you need to make something quick for guests or friends to snack on before dinner or during a party. We hope you like our cream biscuits recipe, and if you do, please do us a favor and share it with your friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
The great thing about biscuits is that they’re not very complicated to make. All you need to get started is flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream, and four ounces of Cabot Sharp Cheddar. Now, if you prefer your cheddar to be extra sharp, you can substitute our suggestion with Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar. Keep in mind that when you’re ready to bake them, you should place the biscuits roughly one inch apart on the baking tray—they’ll expand as they bake, so it’s important to give them a little extra room. Bake until they turn a lovely golden brown.
We hope you loved our creamy biscuits. If you’re looking for another great comfort food-style recipe, then you should try our Cabot cheddar corn bread recipe. You’ll get a kick out of them for sure! Did you know that Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families? We work with some of the best dairy farms in the country to produce our award-winning cheeses. We’re positive that you’ll love any recipe that features our cheddar cheeses, but we’d love to hear your thoughts about our biscuits. If you have any suggestions on ways to improve the recipe, or if you’d just like to tell us how much you loved them, then remember to rate and review it. Can’t wait to check out your feedback!
2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- PLACE rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 450°F. Butter baking sheet and set aside.
- SIFT flour, baking powder and salt, into large bowl. Stir in cheese. With fork, stir in cream a little at a time until no dry bits remain and dough has formed (you may not need all the cream).
- TURN dough out onto lightly floured work surface and knead about 6 times. Roll or press dough into ¾-inch-thick circle. Cut out rounds with floured 2½-inch cutter or inverted glass, pressing scraps together to cut additional biscuits. Alternatively, cut circle into 10 wedges.
- Place biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- per serving
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 75 milligrams
- 316 milligrams
- 20 grams
- 1 grams
- 9 grams
- 251 milligrams