Cabot Cheddar Soda Bread
2 ½ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons cold Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated & lightly packed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and work in with fingertips until pieces mixture looks crumbly. Add cheese and toss to combine.
- WHISK together buttermilk and egg in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- TURN dough out onto floured surface. Knead several times, then shape into smooth ball. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
- per serving
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 48 milligrams
- 428 milligrams
- 21 grams
- 1 grams
- 9 grams
- 190 milligrams